Sign up to the new membership portal today!
Take control of your SeaLink bookings with the new SeaLink membership portal.
Create your free member account in the online portal and send us your proof of your residence here and we'll sort the rest.
The Waiheke Resident Deal will be exclusively available through the online memberships portal from December 1st. Please ensure you're signed up and registered prior to this date. Your membership card will also give you access to the resident rates when purchasing tickets at the terminal or by phone from December 1, 2020.
Waiheke Residents' Deal
If you live on Waiheke Island, you can take advantage of our special Waiheke Residents’ Deal.
These deals are only available for return trips, departing from Kennedy Point on Waiheke Island. They can be used on any of our ferries, including services to/from Half Moon Bay, East Auckland, and Wynyard Quarter, Auckland City.
- * Price based on extra passengers travelling with adult and car. Return travel must commence from Waiheke Island. All passengers are required to complete both sectors of their return. If this does not happen an upgrade to FULL FARE will be required. All prices include GST. We will accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners, EFTPOS. We do not accept cheques or cash.
- ** Foot passenger same day conditions: Return travel must commence from Waiheke Island. Passengers are required to complete both sectors of their return trip on the same day. If this does not happen an upgrade to FULL FARE will be required.
- All prices include GST. We will accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners, EFTPOS. We do not accept cheques or cash.
- Children = 5-15 years. Infants = 0-4 years free
- Further Waihake Residents' Deal terms and conditions apply
All passengers and vehicles travelling to/from Waiheke Island should check-in 30 minutes prior to departure. To get everyone loaded and ensure the ferry departs on time, we can’t guarantee passage if you’re running late.
If you’re travelling as a foot passenger, there’s limited parking available at the public carpark on Donald Bruce Road. It’s ‘first in, first served’, so it’s best to get there early. Check signs for time restrictions when parking as times do vary.
Public transport connections
Auckland Transport (AT) public transport buses stop at the Half Moon Bay Terminal and connect to Botany Town Centre, Gossamer Drive, Burswood, Howick, Middlemore, Otara and Highbrook.
Purchasing or renewing a monthly pass
To purchase a monthly pass, come down to our Kennedy Point office where you’ll be issued with a temporary pass to travel until you can get your photo taken at our Half Moon Bay office. All monthly passes are issued with your photo identification printed on them.
Each month, you can renew your pass by popping into either Kennedy Point or Half Moon Bay office to purchase your next month’s travel.
Gold AT HOP Cardholders
With a Gold AT HOP card you, can travel on SeaLink Waiheke Island services for free^, as long as you are not the driver of a vehicle. ^More information on our senior travel page.
Need to book a ferry for a tradesperson?
If you need to book a ferry for a tradesperson or a service company rep to visit you on the island, then check out our multi-trip passes for a cost effective way for them to travel.
Waiheke Residents' Deal terms and conditions
- Waiheke Residents’ Deal fares apply only to vehicles that are up to 5.5M in length and not to trucks, trailers, caravans, campervans or commercial vehicles of any length
- Except for Residents’ Light Truck bookings which are for same-day travel only, Waiheke Residents’ Deal fares must not be used for commercial purposes
- Proof of residency and non-commercial use may be required at time of booking or at check-in. If this cannot be provided, we reserve the right to charge full fares
- Travel is only available on a return basis and must originate from Waiheke Island
- Waiheke Residents’ Deal fares may not be used in conjunction with any other offer
- SeaLink reserves the right to ‘close out’ sailings for Waiheke Residents’ Deal customers at peak travel times
- Once travel has commenced, if applicable Waiheke Residents’ Deal conditions are not observed, an upgrade to the full return fare must be paid
- Cancellation fees apply. If a booking is cancelled in advance, tickets can be used for future travel, valid for up to 12 months from the date of issue
- Fares only available to Waiheke Island residents
- Fares are subject to change without notice
- Lost tickets will not be reissued. Should a ticket be lost, a new ticket will need to be purchased
- Loose freight is not permitted to travel unaccompanied on our services. For freight to/from the island, please see SeaLink Logistics