Located only 50 metres from a secluded swimming beach in Oruawharo bay, this stunning 16 acre property on New Zealand’s pristine Great Barrier Island, provides everything you need for an idealic getaway.
Designed by world-renowned architects FearonHay, the multi-award winning 2000 square foot retreat is nestled protectively into the base of a hill by the sea. The glassy, minimalist one storey structure blends subtly into the surrounds while keeping you in close contact with the landscape. In calm weather the exterior walls slide completely open, removing any barrier between you and nature.
The L-shaped house features four guest bedrooms with expansive ocean views through full length glass sliding doors.
A stunning central courtyard entertainment area provides shelter from prevailing winds while retaining its spectacular views through the house to the sea. A separate guest suite set into the hillside provides a private retreat away from the main living area. Priced from $1500 per night.
Note: There is no town water supply, electricity or waste water services on the island. Electricity is generally provided by solar power and water supplied from rainwater collection, therefore conservation of water and electricity is needed.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, One king size bed,Three queen sized beds, Three spacious bathrooms (two ensuites)
- Spacious living and dining area integrated with kitchen space, Modern stainless steel kitchen
- Gas stove and oven, Dishwasher Cutlery and crockery, Outdoor BBQ
- One wood burning stove, Indoor open wood fire, Outdoor open wood fire
- Indoor/outdoor stereo system, Land line telephone, High Speed internet
- Washing machine and dryer, Linen and towels supplied
- Outdoor shower
- Self catering (“in house” caterer can be arranged, subject to bookings and availability.)
- Minimum stay 2 nights
- Weddings can be arranged, maximum number of guests would be 60. Separate tariffs to the normal daily rental rates apply.
Call us: +64 9 473 6031