Orama Oasis is a large accommodation facility near the top end of Great Barrier Island, just to the north of Port FitzRoy, facing west in beautiful Karaka Bay .
The facilities include self contained motel units, a beach cottage, a Lodge with 18 guest rooms, multiple hillside cabins and several bunkrooms for backpackers. There is also camping space if in tents.
As well as accommodation for over 100 people, Orama Oasis has a large dining room and full kitchen to cater for groups, with a cookhouse for those who prefer self catering In the event of wet weather there is a large indoor sports area and lounge to enjoy.
Hillary Outdoor Pursuits Centre also have their base at Karaka Bay and offer a unique environment for a range of groups, from schools to business or management training sessions. Their equipment includes a high ropes confidence course, coastal orienteering, kayaks, small sailing boats and surf gear.
Orama Oasis offers a wide a range of accommodation at varying rates. Please contact us for more information.
- Near DOC short walking tracks
- Neighbours Glenfern & Kotuku Peninsula Bird Sanctuaries
- Convenient to the 3 day Aotea Tramping Track
- Hillary Outdoors on-site
- 40 hectare farm located on a 250 hectare property
- Single/double/twin Lodge Rooms
- Cabins, Bunk Rooms & Camping
- Conference rooms, laundry, shop & library available
- Self-contained seaside units
- Caters for large groups
Call us: 09 4290 063