Iona Studio is set in native bush next to a reserve, with a sea view out to the west. It sleeps a maximum of 2 people, with a super king size bed and a fold out couch. It has 2 large private decks and gets all day sun.
The Studio is 15 minutes walk from Okupu Beach which is a beautiful west coast swimming beach , good for fishing and diving. It has a claw foot bath and shower with plenty of hot water for big deep baths. There is a Kent fire place, flat screen TV with Freeview and a stereo. The Kitchen has a 24 litre fridge plus a gas oven with hob and grill for cooking. The power is 12 volt and there is a small inverter for charging lap tops and cell phones, but NO power for big appliances such as hair dryers or hair straighteners.
10 mins drive away is Kaitoke Beach, one of the many stunning east coast beaches.
It is just a short drive to Claris Shopping Centre & Airport, either of the two golf courses or the start of an easy bush walk to Kaitoke Hot Springs. Dine in or choose takeaways from Angsana Thai Restaurant or try the Great Barrier Sports Club for fish and chips, all an easy 10 min or less drive from the studio.
Have a look at these photos on flick to see the amazing beaches and hot springs.
- Sleeps maximum of 2
- 2 private decks. All day sun.
- Kent fire place, gas oven with hob and grill, flat screen TV with Freeview, and stereo.
- 5 mins walk through the bush to a lovely private fresh water swimming hole and futher on to the beach.
- 5 mins walk along the main road gets you to the start of the Te Ahumata (White Cliffs) walking track.
- The house also has a large sky light which makes it a great place for an artist or writer.
- 12 volt power. No big electrical appliances or hair dryers please.
Call us: Call us: 09 4290757/ 021 02353670