Explore 600 year old Kauri, native bird life and swing bridges at this lush sanctuary.
Glenfern sanctuary consists of 260 hectares of regenerating native bush, carefully monitored within a predator proof fence. Threatened and endangered species thrive in this lush habitat, and you have the chance to experience all of it. The Glenfern walk is a well formed track through 600 year old Kauri tree and over swing bridges. The guided walk is recommended, you will be well informed by their environmental scientist resident. Visit for your chance to see brown teal, black petrel and other native bird life.
Winner of The Society of American Travel Writers Phoenix award 2013
- Guided or self-guided walks along Glenfern Trail
- See brown teal, black petrel and other native bird life
- Find some native giant wetas!
- Walk under the canopy of a 600 year old kauri tree
- Look for native fish or the rare chevron skink in streams
- Get a great view of the island from Sunset Rock
Call us: 09 4290 091